Sunday, February 23, 2020

Coming Soon: Persnickety People Picking Apart Star Trek (PPPAST)

I'm planning a series of articles that might grow into a podcast. For the moment it's going to be called PPPAST (Persnickety People Picking Apart Star Trek) in which guest writers and I will tear an episode of one of the Star Trek series completely apart, looking for everything anyone might notice as a mistake, bad writing, bad acting, racism, sexism, any other -ism, plot holes, retconns, and anything else. We'll also highlight the good stuff but this is going to be an exercise in deconstruction.

As far as the methodology goes, each episode will be viewed a minimum of 3 times. The first viewing will be as a regular viewer. No notes will be taken. I'll just sit through the episode from beginning to end. The second viewing will be another straight run but with note-taking. The third viewing will be a pause-and-discuss or pause-and-take-notes viewing where I'm looking at specific moments for specific problems. Once all the viewings are finished, I'll write the article.

I plan to skip around through all the Trek series and movies so as not to get bored or overwhelmed with the endeavor. If you would like to participate as a guest writer please message me so we can agree on an episode or movie. If you're interested in participating in a podcast, let me know. I'm also interested in a logo for the project. If you have any ideas about a logo, feel free to sketch something up and send it to me for consideration. It should be Trek-themed and incorporate the PPPAST title.

That's all for now. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment