Thursday, March 7, 2019

Holding up your end of the conversation

I've always felt it's the responsibility of the person who initiates contact via text or IM to hold up their end of the conversation. If I say "Hi" it's only going to be when I've set aside enough time to actually have a conversation with you. I don't expect you to be free. I have no idea what you're doing when I make contact. If you're busy, just say you're busy. If you initiate contact with me, however, I don't expect it to take 30 minutes between each response. That tells me that you are not free and should contact me later when you are free. Am I weird?

2 comments:

  1. No that makes sense to me... why would you contact someone when you aren't free? Though my husband and I will send a text whenever we get a moment at work and go back to doing work so there can be delays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major pet peeve... Though maybe they got busy? Maybe I'm getting to nice in my old age?

    ReplyDelete